Simple DIY cactus face mask
The Cactus; its a spiky, rough plant that lives in some of the most formidable weather conditions. On the outside the cactus may seem slightly intimidating, but its the inner beauty of this plant that makes it so radiant to use as a face mask. Try this easy to make cactus face mask on the weekend or whenever you your skin needs a pick me up for a long night out !
DIY Cactus Face Mask In 10 Simple Steps!
- Use a cutting board and cut the large cactus leaf in half and place in a bowl
- Submerge the cut cactus leaves in water and put in the fridge overnight
- Drain the water and cut the cactus leaves into a smaller sized cubes – about 2 inches by 2 inches
- Cut these smaller pieces in half, through the flesh of the cactus
- Scrape the sticky cactus flesh into a bowl
- Once you’ve collected all the internal flesh of the cactus, its time to apply!
- Using your fingers, gently apply to your clean skin
- Gently rub it in and let it completely dry
- Go to sleep!
- In the morning, wash your face with warm water and notice the difference!
So why do you need cactus in your life?
Firstly, it gives instant hydration since it is absorbed quickly into the skin and leaves a non greasy residue. Think of the cactus juice as similar to Aloe Vera, just even more super charged!
It is perfect for all skin types, even the super sensitive because it soothes and calms inflammation, and contains super antioxidants which aid in anti-aging. The abundance of Vitamin E and K will brighten your skin, getting rid of dark circles and spots while the essential fatty acids like Linoleic and Oleic acid will tighten pores, leaving your skin smooth and flawless.
As a general disclaimer, we suggest doing a patch test on your skin first before applying it to your entire face and using it over night.
Submitted by Amanda Lynn @theworldatherfingertip